Family Community Centers - Conversational English for Construction (ESL)
WHO SHOULD TAKE AN ENGLISH FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS COURSE?
Courses teaching English for construction workers are needed for any limited English individual working in construction. Many limited English proficient (LEP) workers are at a disadvantage, both professionally and in terms of safety, when they are not able to fully communicate in English with employers, colleagues, and clients.
If you are currently working in the field of construction and are not fluent in English, or if you are an employer with a limited English workforce, an English for construction workers course is for you!
HOW WILL LEARNING ENGLISH FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS HELP EMPLOYEES?
Learning English for Construction workers will help employees in 3 main ways:
- By improving workplace performance
- By creating better work opportunities
- By improving safety on the job
ESL for Construction Workers will teach employees:
- Safety terminology and training (related to OSHA standards)
- Basic construction vocabulary
- Terms describing working on construction sites
- Building material and tool vocabulary
- Vocabulary specific to the employees’ work
- After taking an English for construction workers course, employees will feel safer, more confident, and qualified to perform their work.
HOW CAN COMMUNITY FAMILY CENTERS HELP TEACH ENGLISH TO CONSTRUCTION WORKERS?
ESL classes for Construction is a fully customizable English for construction workers course. This language training aims to help students reach a higher level of English fluency in their workplace environment.
This course will be offered on-site in partnership with Chamberlin Roofing and Waterproofing and is tailored to meet the needs of participants. The instructor will take into account factors including:
- Employees’ current language levels
- Industry-specific terminology and practices
- Participants will receive 60 hours of classroom instruction and 30 hours of practice on the course app
- The duration of the program is 10 weeks, meeting two nights per week (Monday, Wednesday) from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm at the Chamberlin Roofing and Waterproofing Campus located at 4545 Langfield Rd, Houston, TX 77040.
- The start date is October 3, 2022, with graduation on December 14, 2022
HOW TO GET STARTED?
- Enroll on the C3 Website
- Be prepared with the following documents: Photo ID (state ID or passport), Proof of residence (utility bill or lease contract), Social Security Card (if any), and a $5.00 administrative fee (cash only)
- Schedule course orientation and placement by emailing Bradley Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER -- Participants must attend 16 or more classes in person and complete the 30 hours in the app.
For more information contact our the course point of contact:
Phone: (832) 392-0212